From productivity to marketing to work-life balance, we’ve got you covered for the resolutions for property managers alike.
1. Resolve to be more proactive in the new year. Write down all the things you want to achieve in 2021 and break down the steps required to achieve each goal. Whether you're trying to live a healthier life, achieve a better work-life balance, communicate with your clients more or grow your rent roll, progress starts with small steps.
2. Post consistently on social media to increase brand awareness, engage potential clients and generate leads.
3. Stop making same mistake! The first step is recognising what areas you can improve on then taking the necessary steps to improve and achieve your goals.
4. Reach out to local businesses and form mutually beneficial partnerships. For example, you could partner with a well-loved local bakery to host a virtual bake along event. This is great for brand awareness and deepening your relationship with the community.
5. Stop worrying, instead focus on upskilling instead.
6. Breathe. Always remember to take time out for yourself and the things that you enjoy doing outside of work. You’re only human after all.
7. Focus on improving tenant relations to ensure retention and lower vacancy rates..
8. Foster a culture of transparency and inclusivity to ensure your team feels supported. After all, poor company culture can cause even the best property managers to leave.
9. Work smarter by prioritising by impact rather than urgency.
10. Focus on the customer experience to pre-empt customer service issues and questions. Not only does this help increase customer satisfaction, but it can also create a lasting impression and help bring in new business.
11. Retain a student mentality so that you're always learning about new legislation, attend various conferences and enrol in training and development courses.